Join our small, but energetic and fun team! We are one of the few family-run, CSA-focused farms in the St. Louis area that can provide a working model of the scale, diversification, profitability and level of commitment required to make a living with no outside funding or off-farm income. This season we have the following positions to fill:
FULL-TIME FULL-SEASON FIELD ASSISTANT
We are looking for individuals who want to work hard in 2023 and learn a thing or two about small scale vegetable production. While working on our farm, you will learn many aspects of a small, diverse, and mature market farm operation including: greenhouse production, transplanting, harvesting and post-harvest, high tunnel growing, plant care, tractor operations, CSA management and more. You will also be trained in running our farm stand and required to work one Saturday a month.
Details and Compensation
- Work hours are generally Monday-Friday 7-3:30PM; however, you will need to work one Saturday a month at our farm stand. Earlier start and end times during the summer months are typical.
- Will be responsible for a delivery route one day a week using our farm delivery van
- Employment is April-October, with part-time hours available in November and December.
- $17.25/hr. starting wage plus farm produce and discount on farm stand products. Higher hourly wage for applicants with experience working on a vegetable farm is possible.
- We do not offer housing but can help find rentals in the Alton, Elsah, and Jerseyville areas.
Basic Work Requirements For All Positions
Interested applicants do not need experience, but must be enthusiastic about organic agriculture and the local food movement. Applicants must be energetic, be able to work outdoors in any weather condition, be self-motivated, work well with a crew and independently, be physically fit and able to lift 50 pounds, and have excellent quality control while working quickly and efficiently. Must have a clean driver’s record. Must be trustworthy, reliable, and responsible.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and statement of interest to Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org.